Sunday, November 28, 2010

Craft Fair Etiquette

I went to one of the many craft fairs that are going on during this season. I'm trying to get into the craft circuit in my local area, and this one was a good one to check out. There were two other jewellery artists there - strung, and one lady who had a large variety of things, which included some beadwoven work.

I recognised each and every last piece she had on sale. Sandra D. Halpenny, Maria Rypan, and other designs that I knew came from recent issues of Bead and Button and Beadwork. While I know that Ms. Halpenny routinely gives permission for purchasers of her designs to sell their creations at local craft shows, I know that copyright issues have been of an interest in the above magazines of late. Even though permission was given, shouldn't the beader of a piece give acknowledgement to the designer of a piece, regardless?

No comments:

Post a Comment