Monday, November 29, 2010

Rose Vine Necklace

Focal Bead by Toastie Beads











When I was at the craft show I mentioned in my blog yesterday, I found this lovely gem of a lampworked bead. I've never really felt much fondness for lampwork before then - yes, I've admired the pretty colours and such, but I've always found them terribly expensive. I can't say how much the glass canes, and fuel for the torch and all the other bits and bobs cost - I've never seen the raw materials for sale anywhere. This one, however, grabbed me and wouldn't let me go. I had to have it. Talk about impulse buy.

Thankfully, my imagination, a quick trip to the somewhat-local bead shop, and a healthy dose of courage, I dove into some freeform netting. I was hoping to get an open, organic-feeling necklace that would still support the weight of the bead. I picoted a few leaves into the mess, and actually found 3mm firepolish beads that nicely echoed the colours on the focal, so I dotted them around as well. Check out the overall shot, and a close-up of of the sides below.

PS - Thank you, Anna, for the impromptu photo shoot today after school!

No comments:

Post a Comment