Monday, July 19, 2010

Geometry Continues


So after my 'Geometry Experiment #1', I ended up going to my kinda-local bead store with a co-worker of mine, whom I had newly hooked on beadweaving as well. (Yes, Anna - I am evil.) Diane Fitzgerald is a beadweaver/designer/artist extraordinaire, and when I saw her latest book, Shaped Beadwork, the debate lasted about 12 minutes, but I picked it up.

I am VERY glad I did. While this particular design isn't in the book, the basic instructions for the pentagon and isosceles triangle shapes were. Creating all of the shapes and stitching them all together took a very long time. I'm very happy with the outcome, however. I already have all sorts of plans for this design...especially about how to miniturize it. It's about 2" x 2" all told. I puffed it up by squeezing the sides, then dipped it in Future Floor Polish. It keeps its shape quite nicely now!

No comments:

Post a Comment