Monday, July 19, 2010

Geometry Experiment #1



For years, I've been hooked on netting and all of those possibilities. (If you think netting just creates diamond-patterns, check our Sandra D. Halpenny's site!) I've been curious to try different things, so after I found the instructions on how to make the triangles you see here in yet another magazine, I decided to give it a shot. After all, it was peyote, and I started with peyote.

Hooked! This was so fun to make. The square is me trying to see if the same 'formula' could be applied to other geometrical shapes with straight sides. It was very tight, but it worked. I'm going to be tweaking the bead count a bit and see if I can't come up with something more flexible.

The design was random, and totally mine! The chain is simple, cross-woven strands, with the occasional beaded bead to pull in the dark bronze colour a bit more. The tubes are six beads tall and four beads wide, and the tiny beaded beads are covered 'flying saucer' shaped plastic clear beads I've had kicking around for years. My first attempt at doing beaded beads too! Thanks to Jeanne for helping me figure out what kind of chain would work with this. Clasp is a beaded peyote toggle and peyote loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment