Monday, July 19, 2010

Seed Bead Stitchery Introduces....

Me! I am a beadweaver who lives (currently) in Oshawa, Ontario; part of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). I was introduced to beadweaving by my friend Bonnie in High School, where she taught myself and Heather how to make little peyote amulet purses. I'd pretty much given it up not long after that, making the occasional purse for a friend or relative - nothing terribly fancy.

About three or four years ago, I thought about beading, and on a trip to the local library, looked up to see if there were any books on the subject. Thus became an obsession - beadweaving. I loved learning about all the different stitches that you could do, loved all the different shapes and sizes of the beads...

But the mighty mighty seedbead had me hooked. Those tiny, coloured rounds of glass. Many of my friends and co-workers wondered why I didn't go cross-eyed trying to work with them. Not saying that I didn't, on occasion. I found beadweaving so relaxing. Sitting on my couch with a trayfull of beads...heaven. (Except when I got a knot in my thread.)

No comments:

Post a Comment